888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
FPA & BI
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is looking for a BI Manager or Sr. Manager to join our dynamic and high-performing Business Intelligence team within the Finance organization. Our organization’s mission is to steer the financial growth of OpenX through the delivery of world-class business intelligence, guidance and services. In this mission we value reliability, integrity and fearless stewardship of OpenX’s business. We strive to operate with objectivity, rigor and strategic insight.
The ideal candidate will be a highly engaged BI Manager/Sr. Manager with at least seven years of experience in an analytic role, who is excited by the opportunity to dig into petabytes of data. You will be responsible for developing in-depth analytic techniques, understanding product effectiveness, providing ad hoc analytic support, and driving scale and automation of data throughout the company. Additionally, you will be providing key analytic insights for our new strategic initiative, OpenAudience. An analytic mindset is preferred as you will design and execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced data modeling that translates data into actionable insights.
- Develop, lead and execute deep dive quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights for a broad range of teams
- Perform in depth ad-hoc analysis and build scripts to make data analysis more efficient
- Be an advocate for data availability, data cleanliness and data governance and provide thought leadership to product and technology teams on how data will be used
- Provide analytical and decision-making support for key company initiatives and product development decisions, including our new strategic initiative, OpenAudience
- Work closely with business and product teams to understand issues important to the business and identify those issues within our data
- 7+ years of analytical work experience, preferably within a business intelligence, data science or product analytics role. Experience working with very large and complex data sets preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics). Master’s Degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills, and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data.
- Strong SQL skills are required. Previous experience with Big Query and GCP as well as scripting languages such as Python a plus.
- Prior experience with statistical modeling and techniques required. Prior experience with R preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity to identify and solve difficult business problems. You will be the link between the data and the business.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action; naturally inquisitive; desire to continuously improve current business practices/processes.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of applications.
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!