888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX is looking for a Technical Data Analyst who will reshape the way the company uses data and will generate the insights derived to meet department-level and company-level OKR’s and KPI’s. You will work with a federated team of Technical Analyst embedded in finance, data, engineering and operations who will be responsible with leveling up OpenX’s use of data and insights to make business decisions.
The ideal person will need to be curious, smart, resourceful, deeply technical and business solutions minded. This is a new role at the company, so you will have the opportunity to be a key player in transforming OpenX into a data-driven company. This goes beyond using data for reporting and truly means driving business, product and operations decisions based on concrete, accurate and relevant data. This person will gain exposure to the entire business through frequent collaboration with the tech, finance and operations.
- Will be a member of a collective of Analysts that will define and document business decisions across the organization.
- Analytics teams will require the new member to member with deep skillset to help bridge gaps:
- Representatives in collective to define and document business definitions
- Identify gaps in business reporting for the product team
- Ensure federated analytics group are in sync
- Understand the departments OKRs and KPI’s, and build data insights to shape decision making
- Will pull data and conceptualize business problem and solutions
- Independently identify and pursue analytical opportunities that will yield actionable insights
- Drive scenario and sensitivity analyses to support the development of strategy and key initiatives
- Work cross functionally with other internal teams to support high-impact projects
- Present to senior management with analysis and recommendations
- 7 + years of experience as an Software Engineer or Technical Analyst
- Deep understanding of business requirements to allow departments to use data effectively that supports the company goals.
- Must have the ability to diagnose business questions, articulate business requirements, ability to conceptualizes data structures and ultimately provide team with data driven solutions.
- Superior analytical abilities, creativity, and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from a comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data
- Solid knowledge of data modeling and some understanding of mechanics of data processing
- Must be proficient in SQL, python scripting; and, have a familiarity with JVM (Java, Scala, etc.) language for data retrieval and analysis.
- Comfortable with linux environments & git version control
- Experience in GCP analytics tooling or other cloud computing data analysis tools
- Spark on DataProc
- Big Query, RedShift, Athena
- Understanding of distributed warehouse architectures (Broadcast, Shuffle, Distribution key)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Computer Science, Economics, or Math (Statistics)
- Get it done mentality and a sense of urgency
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!