888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our fun, dynamic, and high-performing finance team that will work closely with the Technology team on forecasting cloud operation costs and analyzing trends for future engineering projects.
This is not the traditional finance role because while you will be creating and forecasting cloud operation costs, you will also be analyzing cloud product performance. The ideal candidate will need to be curious, smart and resourceful that has an analytical mind. We are looking for someone that has the aptitude to tackle a variety of projects from financial modeling for future products to cloud performance analysis. The ideal person can run with multiple projects, is self-directed, solves problems using data, and efficiently execute deliverables.
This is a new role at the company, so you will have the opportunity create new processes and controls for our new cloud computing system, forecasting costs for new projects, and developing actionable insights to drive performance. You will gain exposure to the entire business through frequent collaboration with many other teams within OpenX.
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Track and analyze cloud computing infrastructure costs on a daily basis
- Reconcile monthly cloud computing invoices against governing contracts and usage discounts
- Create cloud computing annual budgets and long-range plans with the Tech and Finance team
- Create processes to monitor and reduce operational costs of different technology platforms
- Produce dashboards and ad-hoc management reports which show health and trends of OpenX KPIs
- Sanitize and synthesize large datasets to generate reporting and analysis in Google Platform Big Query using SQL
- Ad-Hoc Projects
- Independently identify and pursue analytical opportunities that will yield actionable insights
- Drive scenario and sensitivity analyses to support the development of strategy and key initiatives
- Work cross functionally with other internal teams to support high-impact projects
- Present to senior management with analysis and recommendations
- 5 years of FP&A, finance, accounting, or analytical experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Math (Statistics) preferred
- Strongly preferred: SQL, coding experience, familiarity with public cloud platforms eg. GCP or AWS
- Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Superior analytical abilities, creativity, and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from a comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- High level of curiosity and drive to chase down answers
- Strong work ethic; results oriented
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Easily adapt to changing environment and responsibilities based on organizational needs
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!