Józefitów Street 8/2, 30-039 Kraków, Poland
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
View All jobs
Software Engineer IV (JAVA)
OpenX is looking for talented and highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to help us innovate and improve our products. You will work in all aspects of agile application development, including our enterprise platform that interfaces with a multitude of services that are depended on to deliver billions of requests per day. Your opinions will be important in all phases of product development, starting from requirements to validation and deployment.
Working on the enterprise platform, you will be working with multiple distributed teams to architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
You will be working on Marketplace Quality (Traffic Quality and Ad Quality). Recognise non-human traffic and block it to reduce cost of our infrastructure and to not overload our demand side partners, detect malware in ads, check if they meet standards and keep websites and visitors safe, provide response in few milliseconds if quality of traffic and ads is good for 80 billions of requests per day. Sounds like a challenge to you? Check our video on https://www.openx.com/company/quality/
- Design high-performance, distributed, low-latency systems
- Architect, create and deliver new features and functionality
- Work with Product to drive the requirements, and own the project end-to-end
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of servers and processes
- Think long-term and be unsatisfied with band-aids
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it
- ideally 5+ years for working experience in JAVA along with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree as we are looking to hire senior person, but if you don’t have 5 years experience, please still get in touch with us
- Experience with databases system design, RDBMs or NoSQL
- Experience Google Cloud Platform, k8s and docker is a big advantage
- Experience working in digital media, marketing technology or advertising technology is a big plus.
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Good sense of humour
- Team player
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement
- Fluently speak algorithms and data structures and platforms (Linux)
- Be comfortable using the right tools and languages for the job, even brand new ones
- Have the ability to develop scalable, modular applications
- SCRUM / Agile environment experience
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognise and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!