Józefitów Street 8/2, 30-039 Kraków, Poland
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
View All jobs
Big Data Engineer
OpenX is looking for talented and highly motivated Data Engineer to help us innovate and improve our products.
We are looking for a top notch Data Engineer to join the OpenX data team to help us build the best big data platform through the entire stack. Our platform serves billions of ad requests, hundreds of terabytes a day; it’s one of largest, scalable ad tech platform in the world servicing more than +1200 publishers worldwide and 80 billion ads auctioned per day through its exchange.
If you get excited by any of these nerdy stats, read on! Join our collaborative team of brainstorming developers and enjoy a role where you can own your initiatives, dig deep into the latest technologies and understand how systems inter-operate and think creatively to tackle hard engineering problems.
You will be working on Audience system, which is responsible for user targeting and cookie matching. Integrate with 3rd party DMP and DSP, process billions of records daily, handle cookie matching signals, provide user data in few milliseconds for 80 billions of ad requests daily. Sounds like a challenge to you?
Some of the challenges you help us tackle include:
- Help to design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data processing pipeline to process large volumes of data
- Develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business.
- Create strong internal relationships, train others and evangelize your findings and implications.
- ideally 5+ years of hands on experience with large scale Hadoop environments, performance tuning and monitoring, but if you are a little less experienced please still get in touch with us
- Solid understand of running application on linux variants, familiarity with bash scripts
- Fluently speak algorithms and data structures, have great knowledge of design patterns and software architecture, and be able to whiteboard elegant sudo code at will.
- Experience building high-volume data platform with either Java MR programming or Spark programming using rock solid Computer Science fundamentals.
- Soft skills such as professionalism, excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation.
- Expertise using an appropriate mix of application in the big data ecosystem (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper, HBase, and other NoSql products)
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, k8s, and docker will be big advantage
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognise and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!