888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
Reporting to the CFO, OpenX is currently seeking a talented and enthusiastic Head of Accounting, Chief Accounting Officer who will be responsible for directing the corporate accounting activities and functions, including, the accounting close and consolidation process, external reporting, establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures; interpreting guidance regarding complex accounting issues, new accounting pronouncements and regulations and effectively managing significant interaction and communication with other corporate functions. The Head of Accounting, Chief Accounting Officer will also work with external auditors for its annual year-end audits. The company is looking for an extremely detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain and enhance strong controllership environment
- Ensure all financial statements and reports are prepared and presented in a timely manner including income statements, balance sheets, and cash-flow statements. Owner of balance sheet
- Partner with department heads to drive all accounting initiatives
- Liaison with external partners, including external auditors, 3rd party suppliers
- Drive the month, quarter and year end closes
- Partner closely with the FP&A team in identifying and mitigating risk and opportunities and throughout the financial planning and close processes
- Review deal contracts in regards to financial reporting and tax matters
- Manage and lead Accounting IT projects both domestically and internationally
- Oversight and review of accounting policies and controls, ensuring GAAP compliance
- Identify and implement process improvements and simplification initiatives
- Oversees the performance of the accounting team to ensure the successful and timely completion of the month-end close process for the organization
- Grow and cultivate the Accounting team with an emphasis on performance, accuracy and communication
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Other various special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or equivalent field
- Active CPA a plus
- 15 plus years of accounting experience, Internet and/or digital advertising, a plus
- Prior leadership in yearly corporate audit
- Prior experience with Oracle preferred
- International experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and technical accounting expertise
- Advance MS Excel proficiency and other MS Office products required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed per day or per week, including weekends, to meet business needs
- Must possess strong strategic and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Dynamic leader and effective manager with the ability to lead, manage, develop, mentor, and motivate accounting team members to ensure that department goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved
- Must have strong presentation skills
- Strong leader of a room and persuasive communicator of a vision
- Ability to provide thoughtful, strategic insights in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Must be an excellent team player that possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, decisive
- Innovative/creative problem solver and a driver of change
- Self-confident and able to act on constructive feedback
- Personal/professional integrity and proven discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent judgment, a collegial orientation and a proactive, persuasive and confident communication style
- Ability to work effectively within a rapidly changing organization by influencing others
- Ability to demonstrate intelligence, strategic sense and personal strength by articulating a merit-based, convincing POV
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail should be complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and a hands-on orientation
LOCATION: This position will be at the OpenX headquarters located in Pasadena, CA
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!