June 13, 2011
OpenX and Cyber Communications Inc. Launch OpenX Market Japan
New Exchange Is First Japanese Online Ad Exchange With Real-Time Bidding Functionality
LOS ANGELES and TOKYO, June 13, 2011 Cyber communications inc. (“cci”), Japan’s leading media representative company, and OpenX Technologies, Inc. (OpenX), the world’s leading independent provider of digital advertising technology, today announced the launch of OpenX Market Japan, a new online advertising exchange model designed to lead the evolution of online exchanges in Japan. The new exchange, which is now available to online publishers and advertisers, is the first exchange in Japan to offer Real-Time Bidding (RTB) functionality.
OpenX Market Japan increases the value of display advertising and maximizes publishers’ revenue by helping advertisers much more easily reach their target audiences across large numbers of websites. By offering RTB capabilities for the first time in Japan, the exchange enables publishers to maximize their ad revenue by selling their inventory to buyers who compete for each impression in a real-time auction. The auction runs for every single impression in real-time with a minimum “floor price” set by the publishers.
The exchange is a powerful combination of cci’s market expertise, supply and demand relationships in the Japanese market, as well as OpenX’s global technology platform and innovative marketplace design. OpenX Market Japan is part of OpenX’s new global approach to online advertising marketplaces that allows major online media companies in key regions, such as cci in Japan, to participate directly in building exchange value chains.
The Market features a number of key and unique benefits:
Benefits for publishers
- Revenue maximization: In addition to their own direct (guaranteed) ad sales, publishers can increase revenue by selling their non-guaranteed inventory in a real-time auction market in which all classes of buyers compete on an impression by impression basis.
- Price Protection: OpenX Market Japan allows publishers to set the floor or reserve price for each impression, ensuring price protection.
- Control: The platform features enable publishers to keep control over their inventory, the ads actually displayed on their inventory and the floor price set for their inventory.
- Simple user experience: OpenX Market Japan’s design allows publishers to participate with just one click of a button. Sales are consolidated into one monthly check.
- Excellent support: All tools are in the local language, pricing and billing are in local currencies and all technical and customer support is provided by local teams.
- Global access: Publishers have access to a larger range of advertisers at the international, national and local levels.
Benefits for advertisers and agencies
- Return on investment: Enables advertisers to increase their performance by reaching their target audience at scale.
- Simplicity: OpenX Market Japan provides advertisers with simple and powerful ways to buy across a potentially enormous pool of diverse, primary inventory. Advertisers can immediately access and participate on 100% of ad inventory, while making just one consolidated payment even when buying across multiple currencies.
- Efficiency: Advertisers can define and buy ad inventory based on their unique criteria across a combination of large and niche publishers and a large pool of targeting criteria.
- Transparency: Advertisers and agencies maintain complete control over where their ads are displayed.
- Global access: Advertisers and agencies can buy from anywhere and consolidate their purchases at a regional level.
- Real-Time Bidding: RTB on both the client and server side and immediate access to auctions ensure an instant and fair bidding process.
The Japanese online advertising market was worth an estimated $7.4 billion in 2009 and is projected to grow to more than $10 billion by 2014*, a growth rate of more than 42%. It is the second largest online advertising market in the world.
OpenX powers OpenX Market Japan by providing the regionally specific toolset required for success in Japan alongside the core technology and market design of the global OpenX Market, which already reaches more than 400 million unique users monthly. cci is the first Asian partner in a global, interconnected alliance of regional partners driving participation into OpenX Market.
“We’re excited to launch OpenX Market Japan and to be the first to bring RTB functionality to Japan,” said Tim Cadogan, chief executive officer, OpenX. “We’re particularly pleased to be working with cci as our partner in the exchange and look forward to rapid acceleration of the market’s growth as we bring the benefits of our unique revenue serving platform to this important region.”
“We’re delighted to work with OpenX to introduce the ad exchange model into Japan,” said Hideyuki Nagasawa, chief executive officer, cyber communications inc. “Given the powerful combination of OpenX’s best of class global media trading platform, and cci’s deep relationships with the publisher and advertiser markets in Japan, we are confident that we will achieve rapid adoption of the OpenX Market ad exchange in Japan, which will be good for the entire digital economy.”
For more information and how to participate in OpenX Market Japan please visit:www.openxmarket.jp
* Source: Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
OpenX is the world’s leading independent provider of digital advertising technology that enables businesses to manage and maximize their ad revenue. OpenX products, including OpenX Enterprise and OpenX Market, provide a comprehensive revenue serving platform by combining ad serving with a unique ad exchange.
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is based in Los Angeles and is backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, SAP Ventures, AOL Ventures, Mitsui & Co. Global Investment, Inc., Presidio Ventures and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures. For more information, please visit: www.openx.com.
OpenX is a trademark of OpenX Limited.
OpenX Media Contact:
About cyber communications inc.
cci, established in 1996 as a subsidiary of Dentsu Inc. [Tokyo Stock Exchange (Code 4324)] in the early stages of the online advertising market in Japan, has led the market’s growth. cci established the business model whereby, as a media representative, it makes connections between thousands of online media and advertising agencies in Japan. cci describes itself as a total interactive, one-stop marketing service company that provides various services regarding internet advertising such as media planning, ad serving technology, ad creative service and market analysis. For more information, please visit: www.cci.co.jp/en/overview.
cyber communications inc. Media Contacts:
Fumihiko Yoshida and/or Yoko Sugisawa
Corporate Planning Division