888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
As a Sr Product Analyst, you will deliver value to OpenX through data driven insights, recommendations, and product strategy. Your projects and input will be critical to strategic, data-based decision making across the company.
We're looking for a sharp, highly quantitative, and impact-oriented individual to help the Product Analytics & Insights team dive deep into data, ask the right questions, seek out actionable insights and drive critical decisions. This person will oversee pre and post launch analytics, including working with engineers to define data pipelines, KPIs, and success/failure thresholds. They will also be responsible for exploratory analyses and experimentation across a various business segments to identify new opportunities and areas of improvement. This role works closely with Product Managers, Data Science, Engineers, and various business teams to answer challenging questions, ensuring that high impact business use cases get translated into products and technical solutions with sound data as proof of success. They will be an influential team leader, with strong product orientation and an affinity for data analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how products impact the bottom line, and partner behavior
- Solve highly analytical problems and have a direct impact on the key metrics that drive the business
- Assist and mentor teams in defining KPIs for new product launches, coming up with success/failure metrics, and the ramp/post launch monitoring and reporting
- Support team in critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile data conflicts, and ask questions to help guide reports to understand how to summarize complicated analysis in a clear way that informs business decisions
- Understand the current industry trends, OpenX historical and future trends and market movers in order to identify ways to improve and communicate the necessary information to key stakeholders
- The role is highly cross-functional – you will collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering and business stakeholders to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Work towards building a data driven culture across the company
- 5+ years analytical work experience, preferably within a related industry
- Superior analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data
- Comfortable, working knowledge of conducting data analytics on large data sets
- Strong SQL & Excel skills are mandatory
- BigQuery/GCP knowledge highly preferred
- Experience with additional analytic tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy preferred
- Python knowledge preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- Highly pro-active with ability to work independently
- Enthusiastic and with a passion to learn and develop themselves
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborative team player
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!