6th Floor, 90 Long Acre, Covent Garden, WC2E 9RA UK
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
View All jobs
OpenX is seeking a Senior Manager for our Buyer Development team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Buyer Development, this role is focused on delivering new business and growing existing business with Media Agencies and Brands in the UK. This is a great opportunity for someone with a desire to work for a leading ad tech business.. You will be responsible for driving monetization of inventory from our premium publisher partners, during a critical inflection point in the industry, as more buyers are looking at the optimal path to supply.
Responsibilities include expanding OpenX’s demand presence across the digital advertising landscape and driving preference for OpenX’s platform with key agency partners, leading the sales process, creation and monitoring of deals across the UK. A balance of strategic selling and client servicing is required. This opportunity is tailor made for an exceptional business development individual, with a balance of media and technology aptitudes.
- Accelerate demand for OpenX’s platform, inventory, and services, including private marketplaces, and emerging offerings such as OpenAudience, through our demand partners
- Build and maintain key client relationships across media agencies, brands and trading desks, to leverage OpenX within the market and to help grow and retain client business
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the OpenX monetization suite of products and how demand partners can most effectively engage with those various products.
- Responsible for deal sales, creation and monitoring across media agencies and brands
- Responsible for leading the creation and delivery of client QBR presentations, proactive and tailored product collateral, and internal quarterly business plans.
- Owning Salesforce process for clients
- Meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets, business KPIs, and strategic objectives
- Gather feedback and study the market, to identify potential business opportunities and partnerships, then drive the negotiation and execution of deals with those partners
- Maintain Forecasting & reporting processes
- BS/BA degree
- Deep expertise in the digital and programmatic advertising across display, mobile, and video channels
- At least 5 years experience in a sales / business development role, selling online advertising or digital technology to agencies at a mid to senior level
- Excellent presentation skills
- Track record of prospecting, pitching and closing opportunities and exceeding sales targets
- Strong network of mid to senior contacts at media agencies
- Preferred: Experience executing campaigns through optimization-oriented buying platforms, using both first- and third-party audience data.
- Reasonable level of operational / analytics experience
- Strong team player, motivated by driving new business and commercial opportunities
- Analytical, demonstrating attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple clients, tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients and collaborate with internal teams at various levels
- Both competitive and a team player with a driven, entrepreneurial mindset
- High energy, team-orientation and will to succeed in a fast-paced, evolving, fun environment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills, and strong business judgment
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!