Metro City Kamiyacho 7F
Minato-ku Tokyo 105-0001
View All jobs
The Account Manager will play an integral role in maximizing revenue and driving partner relationships with publishers and supply aggregators who leverage OpenX ad technology and services. Based in Japan, the role will report to the Managing Director, APAC.
In the OpenX Partner Services team, we strive to exceed partner expectations through building, supporting and maintaining long-term indispensable relationships. We thrive in fast-paced, team-oriented environments. AMs must be high achievers who are able to execute business initiatives seamlessly to deliver – if not exceed – the financial objectives for our partners and OpenX.
- After initial partnership opportunities are determined, the AM will partner with a Solutions Architect to program manage all pre-launch activities necessary to integrate a partner’s business and ad platform with OpenX technology
- Post-launch, the AM oversees the partner relationship focusing on performance monitoring, such as daily performance fluctuations and proactively implementing optimization recommendations to improve overall yield
- Executing quantitative analyses and modeling to translate data into decisions is a key part of this role. One should be confident in preparing and presenting analytical insights and support on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis
- AMs also forecast and have revenue goals against a set of partners based on maintaining current business and securing upsell opportunities
- Proactively identify, develop, and drive revenue growth opportunities while building relationships as a trusted advisor to partners
- The AM also works closely with business development team to identify additional sales opportunities. In some cases, additional internal teams, such as marketplace quality, support, product, and finance teams, will be accountable for delivering in the day-to-day execution. Stakeholders may also be located across various offices and time zones
- The AM should stay apprised of all issues and work quickly to flag, mitigate, and/or resolve any obstacles with partners
- The AM ultimately oversees partnership success, business issue resolution, achieving KPIs, and maintaining high partner satisfaction
- Ability to maintain ownership of revenue performance for assigned partners
- Results-driven and is able to identify and execute on new business opportunities
- 2-3 years of analytical work experience in publisher account management, digital advertising operations, or yield optimization for digital media companies, consulting firms, investment banks or corporate finance/strategic planning departments
- Solid Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills; ability to perform, lookups, pivots, and prepare presentations
- BA / BS degree, desired but not required in finance, economics
- Strong relationship management skills and/or operational experience in working with multiple cross-functional teams to achieve a business objective
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Strong problem solving and business modeling skills with ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses
- Solid project management skills; able to drive cross-functional stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- A self-starter; must be extremely proactive with a strong bias for action; is naturally inquisitive and desires to drive ideas and solutions forward
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task and thrive within a fast-paced environment while continuously improving current business practices/processes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstrated leadership skills – has a persuasive influence, including ability to build rapport and trust, and can interact with all levels within partners’ businesses as well as within OpenX
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!