888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
The Sr Product Marketing Manager is an important position in the evolution of OpenX’s business. We are looking for a senior dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in content management, writing and editing blog posts, articles, press releases, white papers, solutions sheets, data sheets, social media and more.
The product content writer will be responsible for developing compelling and engaging content while maintaining the current brand voice for all aspects of the organization’s presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading content, this person will collaborate with the product marketing and sales team to maintain standards with regard to new products. The content manager will work closely with sales, business development, and marketing members of our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing and outreach campaigns. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Create, develop and manage content for OpenX’s properties (requires working with content management software)
- Coordinate product marketing projects across departments
- Maintain a consistent look and feel, and uphold brand and marketing guidelines throughout all properties
- Working with a cross-departmental team, maintain and help develop the master content calendar for all properties
- Copy, edit and proofread all content
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors
- Help develop messaging frameworks for company and individual products
- Help create content and programming for thought leadership content
- Help with creation of roadshows, webinars, developer conferences materials
- 7-10 years of experience managing content and production for enterprise level organization
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Confluence, etc.)
- Previous work in a SaaS business with developer communities
- Familiar with advertising technology at large
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Passion, integrity and energy!
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills, excellence in preparing and delivering executive presentations
- Proven track record of working with people from different functions such as Sales, Marketing and Engineering
- Clear understanding of OpenX’s business and position in the market
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.