888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX is looking for a talented and highly motivated Frontend Software Engineer to help us with OpenAudience, our newest product line. You will be working on a co-located full-stack team to define, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
- Be the teammate that you would want to work with: responsible, respectful, and creative
- Deliver on technical initiatives from product inception to deployment leveraging cloud infrastructure
- Work with Product to balance between quality and speed to market
- Drive software development best practices for the team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Engineering, Business, and Product
- Minimum 2+ years of solid software development experience with a focus on Front End development
- Experience writing and consuming GraphQL APIs
- Proficient in modern HTML and CSS
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experienced helping drive API design and a strong sense of UX/UI Design principles
- Strong understanding of web technologies and frameworks
- Capable of breaking down high-level designs into actionable tasks
- Strong track record of ownership and professionalism
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Postgres or any experience with any RDBMS
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest
- Experience with CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins and Spinnaker
- Experience with container & orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Development experience on Linux platforms
- Experienced with large scale distributed applications
- A record of bringing a product from inception to production
- Experience with GCP App Dev technologies such as Firebase, Cloud SQL
- Skills in deploying, monitoring, and supporting large cloud applications, especially within Google Cloud Platform
EVEN MORE UNREASONABLY AWESOME:
- Possessing a broad range of skills including front-end, back-end, and data
- Experience with GCP Big Data technologies such as BigTable, BigQuery, Dataproc, Composer or their open source relatives (HBase, Impala, Spark, Airflow, etc)
- Experience in building high throughput data pipelines
- Familiarity with frameworks such as PySpark
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!