888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX, the world’s largest independent advertising exchange and a top 3 global mobile exchange, is seeking an innovative leader to help shape and drive the company’s product marketing vision.
OpenX has just marked its tenth anniversary as a leader in advertising technology. The company has experienced ten significant years of growth and four straight years of profitability, fueled by an unrelenting focus on driving innovations for the world’s largest brand advertisers, publishers and mobile app developers. As the world’s largest independent advertising exchange, OpenX has multiple customer groups on both the supply and demand side of the business. OpenX works with more than 10,000 brand advertisers globally and supports the most trusted and trafficked websites and mobile apps in the world. Today, OpenX is intensely focused on providing its partners the first people-based advertising exchange, bringing a truly unique and unprecedented product to the digital advertising ecosystem.
OpenX is seeking a director of product marketing to accelerate market awareness, and drive preference for the business in a crowded and often competitive landscape. This unique candidate will be responsible for creating our product marketing strategy for publishers, marketers and platform partners, managing our product go-to-market plan and coordinating a cross-functional team to bring great solutions to our partners. He or she must thrive in cross-functional teams, be skilled at leading positioning, and exhibit excellent critical thinking.
The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary background, including business strategy, product marketing and analytical skills, and will be passionate about building products with unprecedented impact for open web publishers and marketers. Lastly, this person knows how to succeed in a startup environment and is always willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop a world-class product marketing framework and process for OpenX
- Be a champion for our partners and generate quantitative and qualitative insights (industry research, competitive analysis, quantitative analysis, structured feedback, etc.) to influence product strategy, product positioning, and product launch strategy
- Frame our go-to-market to drive product adoption and collaborate with marketing, communications, and business teams to create product positioning and marketing materials
- Develop and implement integrated global marketing strategies and programs that drive awareness and product adoption
- Work effectively with and consistently influence company leadership and cross-functional teams, including teams in San Francisco, New York, London and Japan.
- Assess and prioritize expansion and new product opportunities
- Catch unanticipated issues that arise along the way and see them through to resolution
- 8+ years of business strategy, product marketing, product or marketing experience
- Experience with digital marketing and/or people-based marketing
- Success marketing data management and/or other SaaS technology
- Experience setting strategic direction and success executing go-to-market plans
- Success driving and executing global projects
- Exceptionally strong communication skills and the ability to influence a cross-functional team
- BA/BS degree
- Experience working with product development teams and product managers
- Experience crafting narratives and presentations
- Experience driving engagement and adoption through the product life-cycle, starting with introduction
- Track record of delivering large-scale projects and managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of fostering team cohesion by leading and developing talented product marketers
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!