888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX seeks a privacy attorney to join its Legal team as the Company’s first in-house privacy attorney. The Company seeks a smart, innovative and creative thinker to inform the Company’s products and vision as it continues to expand its market leadership role as the world’s largest independent ad exchange and a leader in market quality.
The privacy attorney should be able to identify privacy needs and advise the Company and functional teams they work with as to upcoming legal impacts, new policies and privacy laws.
When you join our Company, you will be engaged on many cutting edge privacy issues as they relate to our product and engineering initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Working alongside our product team as they develop new products, you will be a key contributor providing input and guidance on the different initiatives. You will have a seat at the table and contribute to the product vision by applying your expertise on privacy and other important areas of law such as GDPR, CCPA, COPPA;
- Developing and implementing privacy-by-design, including advising OpenX’s product and technical teams on data storage retention rules, access controls and other appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the data OpenX is processing. We are moving our entire service to Google Cloud Platform--this is a unique opportunity to be on the cutting edge of law and technology;
- Designing and implementing a new consent management framework;
- Providing guidance to OpenX’s product team on permission workflow and management of end user consents across different supply channels;
- Evaluating new cookie collection and syncing methods, including 1st-party cookie collection and publisher cookie-syncing;
- Drafting new contractual language relating to privacy compliance and risk allocation;
- Building strong cross-functional relationships with internal OpenX stakeholders including product, marketing, marketplace quality and support teams
- 6+ years of legal experience at a law firm and or in-house with an emphasis on privacy matters.
- Ability to dive deep into all products and assess/audit privacy practices.
- Strong command of GDPR, COPPA and all other related acronyms.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate legal theories and principles in a clear and concise manner and translate those principles into products and action items.
- Analytical, creative problem solver motivated by company and client success.
- Law Degree from top-tier law school.
- Looking for a legal plus opportunity: Strong desire to apply legal acumen to product and engineering vision.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within partner’s businesses as well as within OpenX.
- Interaction: Willingness to get up from your desk and have a conversation and engage others in different ways to solve a problem.
- Prior in-house experience preferred but not required.
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!