888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
The OpenX Product Documentation Team delivers high-quality content that enables our customers and partners to quickly succeed in using our products and realizing the value of our programmatic marketplaces.
We are looking for a reliable team player to add to the team. We need someone with great technical writing skills and a love for analysis and effective communication.
- Gather content requirements, including business and product requirements from the Product Manager and from client-facing teams and user requirements from the User Experience team.
- Write content that meets user and business requirements. Content includes product documentation, UI content (such as field labels, tooltips, page flow, and other on-screen content needs), internal communications about products, and other content in any form that serves the purpose of helping users succeed with our products.
- Develop internal communications and resources for both sprint-based releases and larger product launches.
- Take ownership of content for all assigned projects; responsibilities include facts gathering, quality assurance, file organization and management, writing, editing, proofreading, and final delivery of files. The right candidate will know when things need to get done, and will do them on time and keep the team manager informed.
- Work proactively with product owners, engineers, solutions architects, sales engineers, marketing, and others to gather information for documentation and launch communications.
- Identify or contribute to initiatives that improve the customer’s information experience. (Context-sensitive help, graphical presentation, interactive learning experiences, discoverability, and more.)
- Work with the big picture (content strategy and experience flow) as well as fine detail (refined and accurate content). Analyze and recommend process improvements continually to improve internal and external communication.
Skills and Experience
- Mastery of fundamental technical writing disciplines and principles
- Expertise with at least one online help authoring tool (preferably Madcap Flare)
- Demonstrated excellence in technical writing with 3-5 available samples
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline, such as English, Communications, or Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years working as a technical writer in the computer software industry or other highly technical products
- Work experience in the online advertising tech industry
- Proficiency with Madcap Flare or other XML-based authoring tools
- Experience creating API/SDK documentation, such as conceptual overviews, code samples/use cases, and technical reference
- Additional related skills such as experience in graphic design, interactive design, and/or video tutorials
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Good understanding of version control systems (such as Subversion and Git), issue tracking tools (such as JIRA), and wikis (Confluence)
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognise and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!