6th Floor, 90 Long Acre, Covent Garden, WC2E 9RA UK
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
View All jobs
OpenX is seeking a Senior Manager for our Buyer Development team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Platform Demand, this role is focused on delivering new demand and growing existing demand for the OpenX platform and services from agency trading desks and media agencies, primarily in London. This is an opportunity for a strong programmatic sales person to drive the monetization of digital inventory from our publishers during a critical inflection point in the industry for advertising automation, private marketplaces, mobile, video and programmatic direct buying.
Primary responsibilities are to expand OpenX’s demand presence across the digital advertising landscape and drive preference for OpenX’s platform with agency stakeholders. A balance of strategic selling, client services and operational skills is required. This opportunity is tailor made for an individual with a balance of media and technology aptitudes while having a strong passion for automating advertising at a large scale and an established network of contacts within key agencies.
- Accelerate demand for OpenX’s platform, inventory, and services, including an ad exchange, SSP, private marketplaces, managed services and emerging offerings such as programmatic direct through media agencies and trading desks.
- Build and maintain key client relationships across media agencies, brands and trading desks, to leverage OpenX within the market and to help grow and retain client business
- Work with the expanding Buyer Development and account management teams in London, and other offices in EMEA to create and execute the media agency strategy
- Meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets, business KPIs, and strategic objectives
- Act as a primary business owner for buy-side products, collaborating with Product leads for Monetization and Mobile to ensure that relevant current and future buyer needs are met
- Gather feedback and study the market ,to identify potential business opportunities and partnerships, then drive the negotiation and execution of deals with those partners
- Maintain Forecasting and operational reporting processes
- BS/BA degree; MBA desired
- At least 3 years experience in a sales or business development role, selling online advertising or digital technology to agencies, advertisers, ad networks, DSPs or similar clients at a mid to senior level in the UK
- Excellent presentation skills
- Track record of prospecting, pitching and closing opportunities and exceeding sales targets
- Strong network of mid to senior contacts at trading desks and digital agencies
- Solid understanding of the online ad industry, advertising technology, and major trends
- Preferred: Experience executing campaigns through optimization-oriented buying platforms, using both first- and third-party audience data, and prior experience with ad operations
- Strong team player, motivated by driving new business and sales opportunities
- Analytical, demonstrating attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple clients, tasks and responsibilities concurrently
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients and collaborate with internal teams at various levels
- Both competitive and a team player with a driven, entrepreneurial mindset
- High energy, team-orientation and will to succeed in a fast-paced, evolving, fun environment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills and strong business judgment
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!