888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
As the HR Generalist, you will report to the Vice President of Human Resources and provide generalist support in all functions of the HR Department. Specifically, the Generalist will support the administration of Open X’s human resource policies, procedures and programs. As an HR Generalist, you will coordinate and assist in the following functional areas: Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), onboarding, benefits, training, development, compensation, employee relations, and departmental development. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members to develop, manage, and administer a variety of programs and activities covering multiple HR functions.
- Assists with onboarding process. Conducts new hire orientations. Assists with drafting offer letters
- Responds to benefits questions and helps to coordinate annual open enrollment
- Primary point of contact for staff regarding general inquiries on payroll, benefit administration, and various HR related questions
- Works with hiring managers to draft and revise job descriptions
- Assists with the evaluation of positions to determine FLSA status, market pricing, and grading
- Assists with the analysis and evaluation of market data and internal data on the current and projected employee population to create salary grades and develop salary budgets and forecasts. Helps to develop career ladders across the company and works closely with Compensation to align the levels to ranges
- Manages the exit/termination process
- Conducts exit interviews and uses various tools to track responses and analyze trends for retention.
- Manages H-1B visa process
- Processes employee changes such as merit increases, promotions, transfers, status change memos. etc. and liaises with other support departments to ensure data integrity
- Ensures company policies and procedures are current and compliant, including the employee handbook and related employee policies
- Collaborates with other HR functions as needed in the development of organizational HR strategies
- Prepares and reviews documentation associated with disciplinary action and employee performance and communication
- Helps to develop programs and processes
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-7 years of related HR experience
- Strong knowledge of key HR regulations including Civil Rights Acts, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and FLSA
- Experience with HRIS systems (preferably Workday) and MS Office applications
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to build collaborative working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!