6th Floor, 90 Long Acre, Covent Garden, WC2E 9RA UK
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
View All jobs
OpenX is a global leader in digital and mobile advertising technology focused on maximizing ad revenue for digital media companies on any digitally connected screen. We work with some of the best known brands in the industry, including over 65% of the Comscore 100, and 96 of the top 100 AdAge advertising brands. Our vision as a company is to unleash the full economic potential of digital media companies. We provide a unique Software as a Service (SAAS) platform that combines a top tier ad exchange along with mobile inventory solutions. We are headquartered in Pasadena, CA and are backed by prominent investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, SAP Ventures, and Samsung Venture Investment Corporation
OpenX is looking for a business development director to join our London office. This executive will possess significant experience in the online publisher space within the EMEA region and be focused on generating revenue by representing OpenX to a specific group of top tier publishers.
The focus of their role will be on finding strategic, long term partnership opportunities that leverage the OpenX publisher product suite to drive increased value for the publisher from their existing content assets. This position is an important member of the team that will be expected to leverage deep knowledge of their partners, and the broader online publisher market to maximize publisher revenue and establish long-term engagement partnerships. The ideal candidate will also contribute to product knowledge and market feedback, further improving our understanding of the markets in which we compete. This person will be the owner of OpenX’s relationship with their assigned publishers and will be expected to be an excellent partner to the other publisher facing teams in OpenX such as Account Management and Publisher Engineering.
- 5-10 years experience in sales and operations developing a deep knowledge of your publisher clients, their business, and their business objectives.
- Experience of working with publishers across multiple markets in EMEA
- Become the expert within OpenX on these important existing and potential partners Identify opportunities to partner with your publisher clients, drive significant value for them, and leverage the strengths of the entire suite of OpenX products
- The ability to lead all aspects of a top tier publisher engagement through a consultative sales process and long-term business relationship. This will include executive meetings and solution selling, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, technology planning, and long term opportunity identification.
- The ability to identify new areas for technical innovation, or iteration, and provide actionable insights to our product and technology teams
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Publisher business models, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, Programmatic Premium, PMP and online ad technologies focused on driving publisher value. Experience working with complex business terms, technology integrations, and across an organization.
- Strong set of existing relationships with Comscore 1000 publishers at the decision-making level preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, strong business judgment and professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation.
- A strong quantitative orientation is an asset. Proven track record of meeting or exceeding all goals, developing business development strategy and leading successful partnerships with top tier publishers
- Superior written, presenting & oral communication skills
- High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced startup environment. Comfortable with a dynamic, high change company and industry.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of publisher revenue models and business objectives.
- The candidate will be comfortable managing a long term, consultative sales cycle, and have worked at either an ad technology company, monetization solution provider (such as a network, SSP, or exchange) or been a senior revenue and ad operations manager inside of a tier one Comscore 200 publisher.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred, graduate degree and/or engineering degree preferred French language skills are a bonus
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!