888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX is looking for talented and highly motivated Software Engineer to help us innovate and improve our products.
We are looking for a top notch Engineer to join the rapidly growing OpenX data team to help us build the best big data platform through the entire stack. Our platform serves billions of ad requests, hundreds of terabytes a day; it is one of largest, scalable ad tech platform in the world servicing more than 800 publishers worldwide, including 65% of the comScore 100, with 200 million unique visitors and 100 billion ads auctioned per month through its exchange.
OpenX also contributes to open source tools and technology (https://www.openx.com/blog); it makes billions of real time bidding decisions a day; and, it is one of the fastest growing company in the country.
If you get excited by any of these nerdy stats, read on! Join our collaborative team of brainstorming developers and enjoy a role where you can own your initiatives, dig deep into the latest technologies and understand how systems inter-operate and think creatively to tackle hard engineering problems.
Some of the challenges you help us tackle include:
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable micro services; enabling access to large volumes of data
- Design and develop externally facing APIs for End Users and Developers to simplify customer’s ability to report and analyse their business
- Own and have a deep understanding of building a web service on a cloud platform (GCP)
- Build data pipelines that scale with increasing demand and growth of data
- Understand and have authority over end-to-end data pipeline solutions to architect an effective system
- 5+ years of hands on experience developing distributed and scalable RESTful API
- Fluently speak algorithms, data structures, have great knowledge of design patterns and software architecture and be able to whiteboard elegant pseudo code at will.
- Experience architecting and building high-volume service-oriented platforms using rock solid Computer Science fundamentals.
- Soft skills such as professionalism, excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation.
- Expertise with functional and object oriented programming
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!