888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our fun, dynamic, and high-performing Technology team that will work closely with the Finance team on forecasting cloud operation costs and analyzing trends for future engineering projects.
The ideal candidate will need to be curious, smart and resourceful that has an analytical mind. We are looking for someone that has the aptitude to tackle multiple projects, be self-directed, solve problems using data, and efficiently execute deliverables.
This is a new role at the company, so you will have the opportunity create new processes and controls for our new cloud computing system, forecasting costs for new projects, and developing actionable insights to drive performance. You will gain exposure to the entire business through frequent collaboration with many other teams within OpenX.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an early-career analyst to accelerate their personal development by learning the dynamic ad tech industry from within one of its leading companies.
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Work with the Finance to project cloud costs
- Participate in creation of annual budgets and long-range plans with the Finance team
- Analytics teams will require the new member to member with deep skillset to help bridge gaps:
- Representatives in collective to define and document business definitions
- Identify gaps in business reporting for the product team
- Ensure federated analytics group are in sync
- Understand the departments OKRs and KPI’s, and build data insights to shape decision making
- Will pull data and conceptualize business problem and solutions
- Independently identify and pursue analytical opportunities that will yield actionable insights
- Sanitize and synthesize large datasets to generate reporting and analysis
- Work cross functionally with other internal teams to support high-impact projects
- 5 years of software engineering or analytics experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Superior analytical abilities, creativity, and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from a comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data
- Strong experience with SQL and/or coding experience in Python
- Experience in cloud computing data analysis tools
- Spark on DataProc
- Big Query, RedShift, Athena
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in CS, Economics, or Math (Statistics)
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!