888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX is looking for a pragmatic, talented, and hands-on Senior Security and Privacy Engineer to join our team. The absence of the word “Enterprise” in the prior sentence is intentional, as is the inclusion of the words “pragmatic” and “hands-on”. This isn’t boilerplate from HR, this is a real hiring manager talking about what we’re looking for.
The OpenX Exchange is one of the largest independent ad exchanges in the world, handling upwards of seventy-five billion ad requests per day. We also generate hundreds of terabytes of data a day as we service more than 800 publishers worldwide, including 65% of the comScore 100, with 200 million unique visitors and 100 billion ads auctioned per month through our exchange.
Not only that, but we’re also in the process of migrating our global on-prem infrastructure entirely to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and building a new and complementary data product to enable what we call People Based Marketing. It’s an interesting time to join as we level up our products and tech stack. If you’re up for the challenge of joining a tech team that is reshaping the company, read on to learn more about what you’ll do and what we’re looking for.
On the security side:
- Design, build, and implement our security model for the cloud.
- Improve the security of our global Exchange.
- Make sure our People Based Marketing product is secure by design.
- Build POCs and contribute code to our products.
On the privacy side:
- Liaise with our product and legal team to help define technical requirements.
- Represent GDPR and CA Privacy Act at a technical level.
- Be the engineering voice of Privacy across all our products.
- Three or more years of experience as a (hands-on!) architect or tech lead.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A background in security, particularly cloud security.
- A passion for consumer privacy.
- Experience working both at the application and infrastructure level.
- Comfortable with the following technologies/programming languages: linux, containers, kubernetes, Java, Golang, Erlang, Python.
- You write clean code, be it a bash script or a Java class.
- Excellent written communication skills, which you readily apply to writing documentation.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- AdTech industry experience.
- A passion for learning, growing, and experimenting.
- Humility and Integrity
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!