888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX is looking for talented and highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to help us innovate and improve our products. You will drive data strategy from design through implementation on our enterprise platform that is depended on to deliver billions of requests per day. Working on the enterprise platform, you will be working with multiple distributed teams to provide solid data governance and architecture decisions, which will create new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market.
Within the Data Platform Group
- You will be the technical leader to a dynamic team, providing product context and business opportunity for the products to keep teams motivated and engaged, while also providing mentorship across the data group
- At the same time you are driving operations forward, you will research upcoming potential gaps and opportunities to build new products. A desire to gets your hands in the details building building MVP and “skunkworks” projects to move ideas and ultimate the business needle forward is essential.
Crossing Borders Outside the Data Platform Group
- You will collaborate with other component teams within engineering and cross-functionally with Business, Product and Exec. The Product team will rely on your technical expertise and fortitude to bring consumer-grade user experience and design to the enterprise. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider.
In addition to the right attitude, as a central leader in the design and development of the data platform:
- You must fluently speak algorithms and data structures, have great knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
- Be able to whiteboard elegant code. Over the course of your career, you must have architected and built a high-volume data platform with either Java MR programming or Spark programming using rock solid Computer Science fundamentals
In addition to soft skills such as professionalism, excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation the following a deep understanding of the following technologies is essential to your success:
- Solid understanding of either MR based or non-MR based (Storm/Spark) application models
- Expertise using an appropriate mix of the big data ecosystem (Kafka, Spark, Druid, Flink, Hadoop, Spark SQL, Pig, Hive, HCatalog, Hbase, YARN, Oozie, Zookeeper, and other NoSql products)
- Familiar with Linux based DevOp environments and basic skills with bash scripts
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!