888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
FPA & BI
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
The OpenX Accounting Department is building a world-class team with the right balance of best-in-practice processes and systems led by smart and dedicated individuals, ready for the Company’s next chapter.
OpenX is seeking an experienced, highly detailed and experienced Accounting Manager or Senior Accounting Manager with excellent communication and strong team collaboration skills. This individual will report to the VP Controller on the day-to-day accounting and month-end closing process. Being a member of the Accounting Team means you are a highly collaborative, high-standard, solution oriented thinker, up to the challenge of bringing energy to a demanding environment. If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve hard problems at scale and make a difference for OpenX, join us.
Oversee both Revenue (Receivable) and Publisher Payables. Specifically:
- Manage a staff of 3-4 employees
- Directs staff in processing invoices and payments, and client related costs
- Perform or review spreadsheet-based partner revenue share calculations for accrual and payment purposes
- Work closely with sales operations teams to ensure partner revenue share is calculated and recorded according to contract terms.
- Correspond with internal and external parties as required to resolve Publisher related issues
- Manage monthly billing of demand partners
- Manage collections of accounts receivable invoices
- Manage accounts receivable subledger
- Manage revenue reserves, sales credits, credit review process
Specific monthly and periodic accounting responsibilities include:
- Monthly close procedures including preparation and review of journal entries
- Ensure balance sheet and income statement reconciliations are properly prepared and supported
- Record worldwide payroll and benefits transactions; calculate vacation and other employer benefit accruals
- Prepare global financial consolidation, including elimination entries, translation and revaluation entries for five country ledgers Support treasury management and cash forecast modeling
- Assist with third party tax firm with the preparation of international, federal and state tax filings, and other tax projects
- Identify further process automation opportunities
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis and other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting from a major university
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of general accounting, with a strong aptitude of verbal and written communication skills when dealing with internal (other departments) and external stakeholders (i.e. clients, audit firms, banks)
- CPA license or CMA designation preferred (not required)
- Oracle ERP experienced preferred (not required)
- Highly organized and can manage priorities and demands and has the ability to work in an efficient manner under time constraints.
- Must be able to exhibit outstanding conflict resolution skills
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude to fit our culture
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!