888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX is seeking a Data Scientist to be responsible for executing critical R&D projects on a petabyte-scale dataset. This isn't an advanced analytics role. Simple linear & logistic regression won't cut it for most of the of problems we face. We’re talking about cutting edge applications of Neural Networks, bagged & boosted decision trees, as well as highly customized optimization algorithms. We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist who:
- Can translate requests from business and product into Data Science/ML problems
- Has a track record of taking state-of-the-art advances from the literature and incorporating them into production systems
- Works well independently and as part of a team of people with diverse backgrounds
- Rapidly prototype models, including creation, training, and evaluation to drive business objectives, including:
- Optimizing aspects of OpenX's programmatic ad exchange to maximize value for our buyers and sellers
- Leveraging big data to unlock the potential of people based marketing
- Implement production training and real-time model evaluation architectures in Google Cloud Platform
- Design and execute experiments to assess model performance
- Serve as a consultant for analysts across the organization
- Ph.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related field, or MS with 3+ years of experience
- Practical experience with machine learning languages and tools such as python/pandas and tensorflow/pytorch
- Solid background in machine learning/data science, control theory, signal processing, or image processing
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Scala, Spark, etc
- Experience with machine learning on GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience reporting findings to a broad audience
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!