888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX, the world’s largest independent advertising exchange and a top 3 global mobile exchange, is seeking an innovative growth marketing leader to help shape and drive the company’s aggressive business objectives.
OpenX has just marked its tenth anniversary as the leader in advertising technology. The company has experienced ten significant years of growth and four straight years of profitability, fueled by an unrelenting focus on driving innovations for the world’s largest brand advertisers and the most visited publishers and mobile app developers. As the world’s largest independent advertising exchange, OpenX has multiple customer groups on both the supply and demand side of the business. OpenX works with more than 10,000 brand advertisers globally and supports the most trusted and trafficked websites and mobile apps in the world.
OpenX is seeking a new director of growth marketing to lead its corporate marketing team to accelerate industry disruption and drive preference for the business in a crowded and often undifferentiated competitive landscape. The unique candidate we are searching for will have a passion for pushing the boundaries of traditional marketing and will thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented culture.
- Drive and implement all corporate and growth marketing activities to ensure on-brand positioning and awareness of the OpenX brand across all aspects of the marketing mix
- Build a digital marketing discipline that elevates the brand and provides visibility for Sales, including a content marketing strategy, maintaining the global corporate websites, implementing a comprehensive SEO/SEM strategy, newsletter creation, lead generation and driving ROI through marketing analytics programs
- Develop an annual global integrated marketing plan, including an events/editorial calendar, that strategically hits every potential target audience
- Track sales enablement success metrics for all aspects of the business, and develop a robust lead gen program utilizing Salesforce, Marketo, and other digital marketing platforms
- Develop and maintain a strategic market segmentation that identifies key customers and behaviors, and create actionable profiles that are leveraged to improve the accuracy of sales and marketing initiatives
- Work closely with Sales to maximize effectiveness through presentation materials, sales collateral, events and case studies and build a high-touch direct marketing and events program to identify and target prospects and clients; Ensure all collateral cuts through the standard ad tech vernacular while positioning OpenX as a leader in the space
- Work closely with Product to understand what the company is building, why, and whom the target audience is and when to reach them
- Manage a team of creatives and maintain and evolve the look and feel of the OpenX brand through all external touch points and creative assets
- Manage all existing external marketing agencies including creative, translation, SEO/SEM, as well as various boards and committees
- Lead global paid media strategy, including developing media plans, reviewing creative, and post campaign reporting
- Create and implement a content marketing strategy in partnership with Communications that positions OpenX as a thought leader in digital advertising and a trusted resource to help demystify a complicated industry
- Partner with the People Team to develop employer brand and marketing campaigns targeting prospective employees and positioning OpenX as an employer of choice
Core Competencies, Keys to Success and Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of progressive marketing and growth marketing experience. B2B and technology experience is preferred but not critical
- Demonstrated ability to simplify a complex industry and message in a powerful way
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to attract, develop, manage and mentor top talent
- Business driver, with proven track record of leading marketing teams that deliver significant bottom line results
- Embrace challenge: Be smart and quick with the ability to quickly learn the nuances of a complex, highly technical business and industry
- BA/BS required; Graduate degree a plus
At this key stage in its growth development, OpenX is seeking a distinguished marketing leader who:
- Is an outstanding team builder and leader, able to hire great talent and create a strong team culture that attracts the best individuals
- Has deep functional expertise in all aspects of marketing with a proven track record of driving business results through disruptive marketing and sales enablement programs
- Is passionate about technology businesses and intellectually curious and a fast learner. You do not have to come from an adtech background to succeed at OpenX. You do, however, need to have the curiosity to master the marketplace and accelerate our visibility and preference with multiple key stakeholder audiences
- Has an advanced understanding of how to align salesforce and other marketing analytics tools to the business to measure marketing mix ROI and drive the right programs necessary to support the company’s ambitious growth goals
- Can elevate OpenX marketing to the next level and leverage the company’s unique position in programmatic, being the highest quality player, to drive massive competitive advantage
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!