888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
FPA & BI
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
OpenX Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Financial Analyst (FA) to join our fun, dynamic and high-performing Finance team. Our team’s mission is to steer the financial growth of OpenX through the delivery of world-class financial intelligence, guidance and services. In this mission we value reliability, integrity and fearless stewardship of OpenX’s business. We strive to operate with objectivity, rigor and strategic insight.
The ideal candidate will be a highly engaged financial professional with one to three years of finance, accounting or analytical experience. You will be responsible for developing actionable insights and partnering with business teams to drive company performance. You will focus on a specific area of revenue and will gain exposure to the entire business through frequent collaboration within finance and with other teams.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an early-career financial professional to accelerate their personal development by learning the dynamic ad tech industry from within one of its leading companies.
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Engage in preparing revenue forecasts, annual budgets, and long-range plans
- Drive scenario and sensitivity analyses to support the development of strategy and key initiatives
- Produce and improve revenue dashboards and ad-hoc management reports which show health and trends of OpenX revenue KPIs
- Sanitize and synthesize large datasets to generate reporting and analysis
- Provide Accounting support to ensure accuracy in Financial Statements and drive process improvements
- Ad-Hoc Projects
- Develop financial models to evaluate new business opportunities and potential deals
- Independently identify and pursue analytical opportunities that will yield actionable insights
- Become a subject matter expert for businesses and assist manager in representing Finance for those business segments
- Work cross functionally with other internal teams to support high-impact projects
- Present to senior management with analysis and recommendations
- 1-3 years of finance, accounting or analytical experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Math (Statistics) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable collaborating with and presenting to cross-functional teams
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively and independently
- Superior analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from a comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data
- High level of curiosity and self-motivation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Strong work ethic and ability to work extended hours when needed
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Easily adapt to changing environment and responsibilities based on organizational needs
- Strongly preferred: SQL experience
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!