888 E Walnut St, 2nd Floor Pasadena, CA 91101
Pasadena, California, United States
View All jobs
As a Senior Security Engineer at OpenX, you will be a key member of the Information Security team, who will provide expertise in designing, building, and deploying security solutions in support of enterprise-level initiatives. Our Security Engineers work hands-on with our software engineers and operations teams to proactively identify and address security risks. Using your industry experience, you will assist in securing our environment and assets, monitor systems and networks for intrusions, resolve security incidents and develop company best practices. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity.
- Contributes to the planning, design, and engineering of security solutions across the enterprise
- Automates security controls to improve their effectiveness and efficiency
- Provides information security consultation and support for business and technology organizations within the company
- Become an integral member of our Computer Security Incident Response Team
- Assists developers in performing static and dynamic code analysis
- Keeps up to date on information security threats and countermeasures
- Supports product development by integrating security and compliance into SDLC
- Develops training materials to educate OpenX workforce members on best security practices
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security
- Strong knowledge of commonly used exploits, attack methods, and defense strategies
- Strong understanding of networking and associated protocols
- Strong understanding of NextGen/Application-based firewalls
- Strong understanding of designing cloud-based security solutions and maintaining security on PaaS (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
- Solid hands-on experience with Linux administration and security
- Experience in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating security and technology risk
- Strong knowledge of encryption tools and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate security issues and concepts to non-technical people
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, CIPP, CRISC, CGEIT, PCIP
- Experience supporting remote security infrastructure for a global company
- Experience with large scale automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), authorization and authentication protocols and solutions (SSO, OAuth/OAuth2, SAML, OpenID, etc.), Next Generation Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), SIEM, malware protection solutions, End-point Detection and Response (EDR) tools
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!