OpenX is looking for an engineering manager passionate about building great user interfaces that can drive our platform forward that powers the company’s entire suite of products. You will be responsible for managing and executing critical Ad tech projects operating across multi-disciplinary teams.
Your focus will be on developing solutions that result in high-performance, robust UIs, as well as seeing through the noise in the current UI landscape to pick the right tools for the job to scale UI development across the organization. Your success is dependent on delivering the best user experience possible across all our products.
- Leading and owning products through a full development cycle from product inception, research, definition, prototyping to product development and release in production
- Measurably impacting company performance by delivering high-quality, scalable products
- Leading a team that will architect and build robust user interfaces that interface with the services that handle billions of transactions per day
- Attracting, hiring, managing, and mentoring engineering talent. Be a leader to a dynamic team, Provide product context and business opportunity for the products to keep your team in tune and engaged
- Mentoring and developing individual contributors to build on key engineering qualities of technical excellence, ownership, accountability and adaptability
- Researching and determining where MVP and “skunkworks” projects can be done to move an idea forward
- Collaborating with other teams within engineering and other functions in the company like Business, Partner Services, Product, Finance and Executive teams to design, prototype, develop and deploy features and products in the rapidly growing advertising technology space
- Representing the team in executive review meetings and communicate status of the products
- Assisting the Launch Management Team in go-to-market strategy and prioritize work and fixes in response to production support needs. Assist and be responsive to Sales and Support Engineering in dealing and anticipating customer issues
- Breaking down project into manageable components and provide estimates and track the work with Project Management counterpart
- Develop deep domain expertise in digital advertising and generate key insights that influence business decisions and technological solutions
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years of hands-on development experience
- Experience leading a team of 10+ engineers and shipped multiple complex, scalable, high priority / visibility products
- Extensive and proven experience building high-performance, interactive UI applications
- Solid CS fundamentals and understanding space / time complexity. Capable of discussing design and algorithms with architects and engineers
- An eye for great design, striving for products that are pixel perfect that operate across multiple platforms and devices
- A deep understanding of web technologies and APIs, with an ear to the ground to keep up to date with the rapid changes in the UI development landscape
- Knowledge/exposure to big data processing and storage is a plus
- Experience with C/C++, Java, Node.js, or Erlang
- Experience with frameworks like AngularJS, React/Flux
- Experience in Header Bidding Technology platforms is a plus
- Comfortable with Prototypical inheritance and consuming several APIs
- Continuous interest in new technologies
- Passion for maintainable systems and software
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to quickly fill in any gaps and adapt to changes in technologies
- Comfortable using the right tools and languages for the job, even brand new ones
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast