Technical Program Manager
Company at a Glance
OpenX is a global leader in digital advertising technology. OpenX’s mission is to maximize advertising revenue for digital media companies on any connected screen. The company’s products include an ad server, a real-time bidding exchange and a supply-side platform.
OpenX currently serves more than 800 publishers worldwide, including 65% of the comScore 100, with 200 million unique visitors and 100 billion ads auctioned per month through its exchange.
OpenX has more than 500 employees with offices in Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, New York, London, Munich and Tokyo, and is backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, Samsung Ventures and SAP Ventures.
OpenX is ranked #7 on Forbes Top 100 America’s Most Promising Companies, #5 on Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), this person will lead, drive and deliver large, highly cross-functional programs. A successful TPM in this role will partner with Product Management, Engineering and other business stakeholders to define the product strategy, roadmap, design and execute the software solution, manage every aspect of the program for product delivery, and communicate the progress to every level of the organization, as needed. This position is based at Los Angeles HQ or Silicon Valley office.
- Manage the cross-functional software programs from product roadmap to product delivery, covering a range of areas including software development and testing, human resources and hardware capacity requirement, co-innovation with internal and external partners and product delivery.
- In conjunction with product management, engineering teams and key business stakeholders, identify projects within the program, prioritize, scope, and define deliverables that support business goals.
- Define, drive and own the program schedule and ensure on-time delivery for the entire program
- Understand, identify and manage both technical and non-technical project dependencies and critical path within the program
- Provide hands-on program management and coaching during roadmap planning, analysis, design, development, testing, release, product launch and post-launch support
- Proactively manage changes in project and program scope, identify, communicate and resolve potential risks/conflicts, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop and deliver program updates, proposals, and presentations to executives and all program teams in a timely and clear fashion.
- Define best practices; create new or improve existing process and tools for project execution and program management
- 10+ years experience (at least 5+ years in program management) as dedicated project/program managers in managing Internet/Online software development projects/programs, including full software development lifecycle from product requirements through implementation to product release and post release support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- Proven organization and delegation skills with ability to drive execution of the product roadmap, own the schedule with a track record of delivering projects on time.
- Working knowledge and experience with agile methodology.
- Competent and proficient understanding of SaaS platforms
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and self-starter style.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and coaching other team members
- PMP Certification (PMI) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus
- Digital Advertising, Video and Mobile experience desirable, but not required.
- About 25-50% travel between Los Angeles Headquarter and Silicon Valley office.
- Adaptable, collaborative, and results oriented to drive projects and programs to successful completion during times of change
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to build strong and positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including team members, upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities promptly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Adept at conducting research into project and product related issues
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- We are one
- Our customers define us
- OpenX is mine
- We are an open book
- We evolve fast