Technical Program Manager – Technology Operations
As Technical Program Manager for the Technology Operations organization, this person will understand the Technology Operations business function in order to identify areas of need, help to design solutions for those needs and manage all aspects of program and complex project execution. The person in this role should have the ability to understand business requirements, identify gaps in effectiveness, and make sound recommendations for addressing them in a manner aligned with what is best for OpenX as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be responsible of all typical aspects of program and complex project management. This includes coordinating resources to deliver according to plan and overseeing the entire program and project lifecycle. A successful PM in this role will also have the ability to assess priority and value of a given initiative, design the strategy to execute the solution, manage every aspect of the project, empower the team to be as effective as possible, and communicate appropriate updates to the broader organization.
You are a self-starter who proactively identifies problems to solve, risks to mitigate, and challenges to overcome. You are able to maintain a positive and optimistic can-do attitude that helps drive the project to completion during all challenges and phases. You are meticulously organized, able to manage multiple projects and dependencies simultaneously.
- Develop a program management framework for the entire Technology Operations department that facilitates the ease tracking, reporting, and managing risk.
- Understand business processes and capabilities related to Technology Operations related to networking, data and application infrastructure
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a roadmap of prioritized projects with well-defined deliverables.
- Provide hands on project management support for complex projects across multiple functional teams such as site reliability, networking and software engineering. Activities will include planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting, and managing expectations, dependencies, and risks.
- Mentor and manage project managers as needed
- 10+ years experience (at least 5+ years in program management) as dedicated project/program managers in managing software development or cloud infrastructure/DevOps projects/programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Information Systems or Business
- Familiarity with cloud computing technology and terminology used in software engineering, network architecture, and large-scale technology operations. Up-to-date with current industry trends.
- Proven organization and delegation skills with ability to own the product roadmap and schedule with a track record of delivering projects on time.
- Working knowledge and experience using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Strong familiarity and practical experience with traditional and agile project management software, such as MS Project, Excel, JIRA, etc.
- Experience in a technical role such as Software Development, TechOps, or I.T. is highly desirable.
- PMP Certification (PMI) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a plus
- Ability to travel 25-50% between Los Angeles Headquarter and Silicon Valley office.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to build strong and positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including team members, upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible and able to bring projects and programs to successful completion during times of change
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project and product related issues
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast