OpenX, a leading provider of digital and mobile advertising technology, seeks a Technical Operations Architect (Principal Engineer). OpenX serves hundreds of thousands of requests per second from thousands of servers across a worldwide datacenter footprint. Our infrastructure is fully monitored with thousands of events collected and processed per second. AdTech industry experience is highly desirable.
You will be responsible for improving current state architecture of large-scale global environment using latest industry best practices and collaborating with TechOps and Engineering staff at designing next-gen future state architecture. The ideal candidate has experience with large-scale management of thousands of physical servers as well as good understanding of Public Cloud based environments. In addition, you will need to understand and overcome the technical challenges of supporting and enhancing monitoring and alerting of large-scale infrastructure. Excellent communication skills are required in order to successfully interact with the Engineering teams.
- Developing and supporting our infrastructure while solving complex technical challenges.
- Senior technologist in the field of distributed systems with full stack experience, including hardware, network, automation, systems, data bases, devops, security, virtualization, big data from operations and systems engineering perspective.
- Passion for open-source software and an interest in the latest system architecture trends, for example: Docker, Mesos, or Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of various network protocols including but not limited to TCP, HTTP, TLS, and DNS.
- Familiar with various programming languages.
- Experience with metrics systems and capacity management of multi-thousand server environments in private cloud at CoLo data centers.
- Experience with public clouds or mixed clouds.
- 10+ years of experience with Architect level experience for 2-3 years required and at least 5 years of hands on experience as DevOps or Systems Engineer is required.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred.
- Experience as a manager is highly desirable, although will not manage directly but will have to influence.
- While you are not expected to be expert in all of the following, experience with multiple open source and commercial technologies from the following list will be required with hands on experience highly desirable: Hadoop, Riak, Vertica, MariaDB, Galera, Kafka, Spark, Druid, distributed storage (Riak-S2, MooseFS), NetApp, metrics and monitoring (Grafana, Graphite, Icinga, SumoLogic), ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, container management and orchestration (Mesos, Chronos, Kubernetes), Xen, KVM.
- AdTech industry experience highly desirable.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement
- Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture trends
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation
- Humility and Integrity
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast