OpenX is looking for a programmatic media veteran, focused on building relationships and strategic partnerships with agencies, agency trading desks (ATDs), and marketers in order to evangelize OpenX demand-side products/services and influence programmatic spend in the OpenX exchange. Reporting directly to the SVP-Global Demand, this critical member of the Demand team will have a great opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the company, and to cement our position as thought leaders in the programmatic space. Success in this position requires passion for ad tech with a heavy emphasis on RTB, strong consultative sales and analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment delivering against tight deadlines.
- Develop existing and prospect new relationships with media agencies, ATDs and direct buyers within the assigned region to evangelize programmatic buying best practices as well as accelerate demand for OpenX’s inventory, private marketplaces, mobile, and emerging demand-focused products such as programmatic guaranteed.
- Drive best practices among team around account planning, forecasting, relationship building, and solution selling
- Establish OpenX as trusted partner in programmatic space; provide guidance to clients on long term strategy for effective programmatic buying.
- Serve as internal advocate for clients by identifying common needs/opportunities across portfolio of clients and work with product management team to develop product roadmap for buyers
- Develop deep expertise in the OpenX monetization platform to provide consultative guidance to buyers around how to maximize value from our partnership
- Responsible for regular, accurate updates on client spend and client engagement pipeline.
- 7+ years working in online advertising (account management, sales, etc)
- Solid relationships across marketers, agencies, and agency trading desks and/or previous agency experience working closely with ad tech companies (DSP, DMP, Ad Server, etc)
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills
- Highly organized, used to managing multiple projects to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Clear understanding of real-time bid exchanges and programmatic buying fundamentals, particularly display, mobile and video formats.
- BS/BA degree required. MBA a plus.