Senior Software Engineer in Test – Big Data
OpenX is looking for talented and highly motivated senior data engineers in test to help us innovate and improve our products. You will work in all aspects of agile application development, including our enterprise platform that interfaces with a multitude of services that are depended on to deliver billions of requests per day. As a senior engineer in test, you’ll have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and to improve the quality of OpenX products. Your opinions will be important in all phases of product development, starting from requirements to validation and deployment. If this sounds like your opportunity to make a massive contribution to one of our core products, as well as a chance to deliver the best experience possible at an enterprise level, we look forward to your application!
- Work on the enterprise platform by collaborating with multiple distributed teams to architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. Work with product and UX teams to bring consumer-grade user experience and design to the enterprise.
- Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
- Responsible for the certification of top notch Data technology platform at OpenX which uses Hadoop, Grid, Vertica, Microstrategy.
- Play a central role in the design, development and testing of the data platform. You must be about to design and implement test strategy, test design, test automation & execution, analysis & continuous integration as well as execute tests using automation framework and validate test results to ensure the product meets the requirements.
- Close collaboration with product managers and other member of the cross functional team during certification and launch process.
- Perform tests (regression, stress, whitebox) for front end and back end products before released to production.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and a rock solid Computer Science foundation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Outstanding track record as an Automation Engineer or Developer. Experience with automation frameworks, specifically Selenium Webdriver and TestNG, hands-on experience with white box and grey box testing, and familiarity with Data Warehousing, Hadoop and related Big Data technologies.
- Preference for clean code and coding standards.
- Continuous interest in new technologies.
- Unit testing (and all other testing methods).
- Passion for maintainable systems and software.
- Effective communicator.
- Large Scale Experience.
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast