You will be responsible for managing and executing critical Ad tech projects across multi-disciplinary teams. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will lead innovation and be a self-starter within Engineering, Product, Partner Services and Business teams to design, prototype, develop and deploy features and products in the rapidly growing Advertisement technology space. You will develop deep domain expertise in digital advertising and generate key insights that influence business decisions and technological solutions. In addition, you have a responsibility to recruit, manage, motivate and retain the best talent in a performance-driven organization.
- Leadership and Ownership through a full development cycle from product inception, research, definition, prototyping to product development and release in production.
- Measurably impact company performance by delivering high quality scalable ad tech products
- Lead a team that will architect and build scalable, low latency, always on platforms that can handle billions of transactions per day.
- Attract, hire, manage, and mentor engineering talent. Be a leader to a dynamic team, provide product context and business opportunity for the products to keep teams motivated and engaged.
- Skilled at recruiting, building a diverse team and ability to identify talent. Capable of sourcing with internal and external recruiters.
- Mentor and Develop individual Contributors to build on key engineering qualities of technical excellence, ownership, accountability and adaptability.
- Research and determine where MVP and “skunkworks” projects can be done to move an idea forward.
- Collaborate with other component teams within engineering and other functions in the company like Business, Partner Services, Product, Finance and Exec Teams. Represent team in executive review meetings and communicate status of the products.
- Assist Launch Management Team in go-to market strategy and prioritize work and fixes in response to production support needs. Assist and be responsive to Sales and Support Engineering in dealing and anticipating customer issues.
- Capable of breaking down project into manageable components and provide estimates and track the work with Project Management counterpart.
- BS in Computer science or related field. Masters is preferred. 15+ years of experience with at least 6 years of hands on development experience.
- Lead a team of 15+ engineers and shipped multiple complex, scalable, high priority / visibility products.
- Designed and Developed and develop complex distributed systems. Solid Computer Science fundamentals and understands space / time complexity. Capable of discussing design and algorithms with architects and engineers.
- Knowledge/exposure to big data processing and storage is a plus
- Experience in Header bidding Technology platforms is a plus.
OpenX is a global leader in digital and mobile advertising technology. OpenX’s vision is to unleash the full economic potential of digital media companies. OpenX solutions provide a unique Software as a Service platform by combining ad serving and an ad exchange which includes Supply Side Platform technology. OpenX is backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, SAP Ventures and Samsung Venture Investment Corporation.
- OpenX handles trillions of ad transactions annually
- OpenX Ad Server used by thousands of publishers globally
- OpenX Ad Exchange used by 96% of leading national advertisers and 65% of comScore top 100 publishers
- OpenX provides its full monetization platform to its customers across any connected mobile device, including smartphones, tablets and iPTVs.
- OpenX has private mobile exchange partnerships with Samsung Electronics (Samsung AdHub Market) and Airpush (AirX) and recently launched Native O|X, the first global Real-Time Bidding exchange specifically for mobile-first native ads
- OpenX operates five data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia
- OpenX has offices in Los Angeles (Headquarters), New York, Silicon Valley, London, Munich and Tokyo
Funding & Key Investors:
- More than $75 million (Series A, B, C, D and E)
- Leading investors: Accel Partners, Index Ventures, SAP Ventures and Samsung Venture Investment Corporation
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies: #7
- Deloitte Technology Fast500: #5 overall; #3 in Software; #2 in California
- Inc. 500: #28 in Advertising