Senior Manager of Engineering
As a leader of the team, you will be responsible for managing and executing critical projects across multi-disciplinary teams and organization. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will lead innovation and be a self-starter within Engineering and Product teams to design, prototype, develop and deploy features and products in the rapidly growing advertising technology space.
You will be responsible for managing and executing critical Ad tech projects across multi-disciplinary teams. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will lead innovation and be a self-starter within Engineering, Product, Partner Services and Business teams to design, prototype, develop and deploy features and products in the rapidly growing Advertisement technology space. You will develop deep domain expertise in digital advertising and generate key insights that influence business decisions and technological solutions. In addition, you have a responsibility to recruit, manage, motivate and retain the best talent in a performance-driven organization.
- Leadership and Ownership through a full development cycle from product inception, research, definition, prototyping to product development and release in production
- Measurably impact company performance by delivering high quality scalable ad tech products
- Lead a team that will architect and build scalable, low latency, always on platforms that can handle billions of transactions per day
- Attract, hire, manage, and mentor engineering talent. Be a leader to a dynamic team, provide product context and business opportunity for the products to keep teams motivated and engaged
- Skilled at recruiting, building a diverse team and ability to identify talent. Capable of sourcing with internal and external recruiters
- Mentor and Develop individual Contributors to build on key engineering qualities of technical excellence, ownership, accountability and adaptability
- Research and determine where MVP and “skunkworks” projects can be done to move an idea forward
- Collaborate with other component teams within engineering and other functions in the company like Business, Partner Services, Product, Finance and Exec Teams. Represent team in executive review meetings and communicate status of the products
- Assist Launch Management Team in go-to market strategy and prioritize work and fixes in response to production support needs. Assist and be responsive to Sales and Support Engineering in dealing and anticipating customer issues
- Capable of breaking down project into manageable components and provide estimates and track the work with Project Management counterpart
- BS in Computer science or related field. Masters is preferred. 15+ years of experience with at least 6 years of hands on development experience
- Lead a team of 15+ engineers and shipped multiple complex, scalable, high priority / visibility products
- Designed and Developed and develop complex distributed systems. Solid Computer Science fundamentals and understands space / time complexity. Capable of discussing design and algorithms with architects and engineers
- Knowledge/exposure to big data processing and storage is a plus
- Experience in Header bidding Technology platforms is a plus
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Effective communicator
- Continuous interest in new technologies
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast