Senior Full Stack Engineer – Marketplace Quality
Marketplace Quality (MQ) team at OpenX is responsible for ensuring OpenX massive marketplace only offers high quality inventory to enable premium publishers and buyers to confidently transact in our trusted exchange and benefit from our superior monetization technology.
MQ team works on the interesting but difficult problems to ensure OpenX leading position in inventory quality:
- Traffic Quality: detect and prevent fraudulent traffic entering OpenX marketplace,
- Ad Quality: only allow high quality ads to enter OpenX marketplace.
Here is a press release that OpenX ranks #1 in both web and mobile app inventory quality in the world’s largest programmatic market:
MQ team is looking for talented and highly motivated senior full stack engineers to help us innovate and improve our products. You will work in all aspects of agile application development, including both Traffic Quality and Ad Quality systems that deliver billions of requests per day. Your opinions will be important in all phases of product development, starting from requirements to validation and deployment.
Working on the enterprise platform, you will be working with multiple distributed teams to architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. You’ll be working with product and UX teams to bring consumer-grade user experience and design to the enterprise. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
- Design high-performance, distributed, low-latency systems capable of delivering billions of ad impressions per day.
- Work with product to drive the requirements, and own the project end-to-end.
- Work with engineering and product teams distributed across multiple locations.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of servers and processes.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide strong technical leadership.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Strong, disciplined skills in Java and/or Python.
- Strong ownership and professionalism.
- Experienced with large scale distributed applications.
- Development experience on Linux platforms.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills.
- Minimum 5 years of solid development experiences.
- BS degree in Computer Science or other related fields.
Desirable Job Qualifications:
- Experience with Erlang.
- Experience with Riak.
- Experience with Storm, Kafka, or Spark Streaming.
- Experience with network programming and distributed applications.
OpenX is one of the leading companies building technology products and solutions for digital advertising. We were pioneers of enabling publishers and advertisers to use programmatic advertising to more efficiently deliver the right ads to the right audience in real-time. Since then programmatic marketing has grown from nothing to a $10B global business today and an expected $50B industry by 2020. We sit at the forefront of this movement at a very exciting time.
Founded in 2007, OpenX has grown to more than 300 employees and more than $100M in annual revenues with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Munich and Tokyo. We are a private, profitable company, backed by leading investors including Accel Partners, Index Ventures, Samsung Ventures and SAP Ventures.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative people who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
OpenX is ranked #7 on Forbes Top 100 America’s Most Promising Companies and #5 on Deloitte Technology Fast 500.