The Internal Platform team is dedicated to scrum/agile and as part of that, your opinion and participation will be important in all phases of product development, starting from requirements and proceeding to development (including pair programming) through to testing and deployment.
So who are we looking for?
In addition to a positive, collaborative attitude, great communication skills, a passion for writing clean, unit tested, readable code and ability to contribute to technical meetings you will have the following experience and technical skills:
- 4+ years of extensive, demonstrable practical coding experience in Python
- BS in Computer Science or related/equivalent degree
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proficient understanding of code versioning systems (preferably Git)
- Practical fluency with various design and architectural patterns
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Familiarity with major RDBMs (preferably MySQL and Oracle) and fundamental understanding of DB design
- A “service” attitude and user empathy (as we also support our built applications to internal employees)
- Ability to quickly understand business logic and overarching goals of a project (bonus if candidate has previous AdTech experience)
- Experience using dependency injection
- Extensive ORM experience (bonus if includes Django ORM)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (preferably GoCD)
- Experience working in a collaborative, Agile Scrum team
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting systems and application problem
- MS in Computer Science or related/equivalent degree
As a senior engineer, you’ll own components, processes, and workflows that demand professionalism, excellent communication, teamwork, and documentation skills.
You have a deep knowledge of design patterns and industry best practices in software architecture as well as to whiteboard elegant code. You should be comfortable using the right tools and languages for the job, even brand new ones. Plus, you have the ability to develop scalable, modular applications.
If this sounds like your opportunity to make a massive contribution to internal applications that support our employees and indirectly support OpenX customers, as well as a chance to deliver the best experience possible at an enterprise level, we look forward to your application!