Build and scale the quality operations of OpenX Ad Exchange, an advertising marketplace that allows publishers to maximize their advertising revenue and advertisers to reach their target audience. Ensure that the exchange runs smoothly and can meet the needs of all participants in accordance with established policies.
This is a mid-level position that provides an opportunity for an experienced analyst to drive ad or traffic quality on a leading online advertising platform. You will plan and carry out various projects and initiatives to help monitor quality and enforce policies. You will investigate complex partner complaints and malware issues. This is a hands-on role where you will start contributing to the company’s operations right away.
- Resolve complex escalations involving quality issues. Provide expert guidance to Account Managers on quality risks, filter settings, and revenue impact.
- Evaluate current business processes and systems with a critical eye to root out inefficiencies.
- Serve as an internal evangelist on quality. Ensure employees understand our quality strategy and appreciate the value of maintaining a high-quality marketplace.
- Train and mentor junior employees.
- Manage cross-functional projects related to quality.
- Identify product needs and articulate requirements to Product and Engineering.
- Analyze data, glean insights, and recommend strategies.
- Communicate quality standards to partners.
- Recommend new policies and assist in their implementation.
- Maintain quality standards by pre-screening ad creatives and publisher sites.
- Investigate malware alerts and handle on-call escalations.
- Serve as liaison with other teams on quality issues.
- 1-2 years in Ad or Traffic Quality at an online advertising company.
- Experience using Firebug or other browser developer tools to examine ad serving calls.
- Experience investigating malware issues.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and the ability to work with large datasets.
- Comfortable viewing all types of Internet content.
- Knowledge of HTML and MySQL.
- S. or B.A. or equivalent work experience.