Do you enjoy engineering reliable solutions for delivering quality software at scale? Are you passionate about the DevOps culture? Would you like the opportunity to work with bleeding-edge technology in the cloud?
OpenX, a leading provider of digital and mobile advertising technology, is looking for a talented Release Engineer to join our Release Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for the operability and support of the OpenX software development life cycle. Your contributions will have a significant impact on both the team and the organization.
In this position, you will help streamline the release process, maintain and improve existing infrastructure, and provide visibility and metrics that tie into business goals. You will need to flex your creativity to both design and develop solutions, use your skills to implement them, and have the discipline to maintain them.
Our ideal candidate will have a combination of exemplary communication, technical, and project/time management skills. You must enjoy owning and solving problems, learning new things, meeting challenges, and being adaptable. Continuous delivery is something you passionately pursue. People naturally come to you for help and see you as a leader. You are as comfortable context switching as you are focusing on completing tasks.
If working in a fast-paced, rewarding, and supportive environment, with a real opportunity to make a difference is appealing to you, then submit your resume today. We look forward to speaking with you!
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 5+ years of demonstrable, extensive experience as a Release or DevOps Engineer.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive relationships across an organization.
- Exposure to large, globally distributed computing environments.
- Strong experience in Open Source tools and technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins, specifically writing and implementing pipelines in code.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments and services (GCP or AWS).
- Hands-on experience with containers (Docker) and container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes).
- Experience writing scripts in a programming language like Python, Java, Golang, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of mainstream CI/CD methodologies and tools, configuration management, and artifact management.
- Able to identify friction within a release process and come up with solutions to remove manual intervention.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop innovative technical tools and solutions.
- Work closely with PMO in resource allocation and delivery of programs, initiatives and projects.
- Proven experience communicating, collaborating, and integrating with software development teams.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform services.
- Experience with Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes.
- Thorough understanding of Scrum and Kanban workflows.
- Experience navigating, troubleshooting, and maintaining Linux systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of diving into code, networking, systems, and storage with other engineers.
- Knowledge and interest in the latest technology, architecture and trends.
- Ability to learn and understand new systems quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation.
- Humility, integrity, and dependability.
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!