OpenX, a leading provider of digital and mobile advertising technology, seeks an experienced DevOps Director as part of a larger Technical Operations Department to lead multiple teams of techops automation engineers, SREs, Data Systems Engineers. OpenX serves hundreds of thousands of requests per second from thousands of servers across a worldwide datacenter footprint. Our infrastructure is fully monitored with thousands of events collected and processed per second. Experience at large scale is required. AdTech experience is desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
Reporting to VP of Technical Operations and as part of TechOps Senior Leadership group, You will be responsible for managing teams of 20+ engineers with Manager or Leads reporting to you across Operations and Project activities. You will engage with peers in Software Engineering departments and collaborate with PMO. The ideal candidate has experience with large-scale management of thousands of physical servers and understanding the technical challenges of supporting, scaling and enhancing, monitoring and alerting of large-scale infrastructure. Excellent communication skills are required in order to successfully interact with the rest of OpenX Engineering and Business.
Developing and supporting our infrastructure presents many interesting technical challenges. We especially desire candidates with a passion for open-source software and an interest in the latest system architecture trends.
- 15+ years experience with 5+ years of management experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MS preferred.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems in Production and Development as owner of Production.
- Experience with Automation, Site Reliability Engineering, large scale databases, big data is required.
- While you are not expected to be expert in all of the following, experience with multiple open source and commercial technologies from following list will be required: hadoop, riak, vertica, microstrategy, erlang, git, salt, subversion, centos, kafka, spark, druid
- Senior leader in field of Technical Operations, DevOps, Director level highly desirable.
- Experience with hybrid cloud is strongly preferred. Public using AWS, Google, Microsoft and private, grounds up build out in CoLos.
- AdTech industry experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture trends
- Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, is desirable.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies, such as Xen and KVM, is desirable.
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation
- Humility and Integrity
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast