- Where can I download the OpenX CMS integration plugins?
- How do I install the OpenX module for Joomla! on my site?
- How can I find my OpenX delivery URL?
- How can I test that I've installed the CMS plugin correctly?
You can download the latest versions on the OpenX CMS integration homepage.
Note: You will first need to install OpenX before you can take advantage of this module.
To install and configure the module:
- Go to Extensions - Install/Uninstall
- Upload the Openx module Zip file
- Go to Extensions - Module manager
- Find OpenX and click name to open module
- Enter the delivery URL where you have installed OpenX. If you have set your delivery URL to be different from that of the main installation then place that here. By default the OpenX hosted version is placed here. You need to have an account with OpenX to use this.
- Enter the zone ID which you wish to display in this module.
- Now choose the position in your Joomla! template where you want to display ads.
- Enable the module
- Your ads should now appear!
To create multiple ads on one page, copy the module and repeat steps 4 - 8.
I'm using one of the OpenX CMS integration plugins, or I am using the OpenX Video Ads plugin. What delivery URL should I use?
If you are using Shared Hosted and the OpenX Video Ads plugin, the delivery URL you need to specify in the video player plugin is 'http://d1.openx.org/fc.php'.
If you are running OpenX 2.8: login, switch to Administrator and look in: Configuration -> Global Settings -> Banner Delivery Settings -> Delivery Engine URL.
If you are running OpenX 2.6: login, switch to Administrator and look in: My Account -> Global Settings -> Banner Delivery Settings -> Delivery Engine URL.
If you are running OpenX 2.4: login as admin and check in: Settings -> Main Settings -> Delivery Settings -> Delivery Engine URL.
If you are using the hosted version of OpenX, use "d1.openx.org".
You can check your plugin is working correctly by serving ads some test ads from our server. Set the delivery URL to "ads.openx.org/delivery" and zone ID 9 for testing.
Note: Use ads.openx.org for testing only. You will not be able to control (or be paid for!) these ads.