To add a zone, go to Inventory > Zones and click Add new zone in the Actions box in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You will now be in the Add new zone screen:
To add a zone:
- Name: your zone should have a unique name. If this field is left blank, OpenX gives it the name of its parent website and adds the suffix "-Default"
- Description: enter information to make it easier to see what the zone is used for, e.g. 'full banner (468 x 60)'
- Zone type: select a zone type (for a more detailed explanation of zone types, see the Zone types page in this guide)
- Size: you must always specify the size of all zones, apart from text ad zones. Only banners that fit these dimensions will be displayed in the zone. This dropdown includes all standard dimensions as defined by the IAB
- Media/Technology Cost: The costs incurred to show ads in the zone
- Comments: this field is provided for you to make notes relevant to this zone
Once you're done click Save Changes to view the main Zones screen.