OpenX 2.8 facilitates the quick and easy delivery of advertising onto your website. OpenX 2.8 is a hosted or downloadable ad management solution.
Before exploring this in-depth guide to installing or upgrading to OpenX 2.8 and getting the most out of its functions, please take a moment to read about the product's key concepts:
- Advertiser: the person or company whose advertisements you will be displaying on your website.
- Campaign: the term used to denote a specific set of banner ads, their start and end dates, and the frequency with which they are displayed.
- Banner: any creative content displayed on your website as an ad.
- Publisher: the website or websites you will be displaying ads on.
- Zone: the specific area of the website where an ad will be displayed.
How it works
Use the OpenX interface to:
- Begin the process by creating an Advertiser.
- Create a new Campaign for this advertiser.
- Add and assign Banners to the campaign.
- Add the Website(s) that ads will be delivered to.
- Define the specific Zones on your website where banners will display.
So, those are the basics. Now we'll begin the detailed guide to getting the most out of OpenX.
Let's get started!